Mitsubishi F-2A Viper Zero, Japan Air Self-Defence Force.
Diecast model by Hobbymaster, 1:72 Scale.
An advanced derivative of the F-16, the F-2 Viper Zero currently provides the backbone of Japan’s (defensive) strike capability.
12 Viper Zeros were destroyed by the horrific Tsunami that hit Japan in March 2011 with a further 6 heavily damaged, but salvageable. They will be repaired at a cost of ¥80 billion yen, a not insignificant contribution to the Earthquake and Tsunami being the most expensive natural disaster in history.
Though this, of course, absolutely pales in comparison to the human cost of that disaster.
And that’s it, the entirety of my 1:72 scale diecast collection!
14 Notes/ Hide
- timeattackracing likes this
- ohori likes this
- k32ru reblogged this from nemoi
- nangela568 reblogged this from nemoi
- ivk3rd reblogged this from y1s
- y1s reblogged this from nemoi
- 31262 likes this
- nemoi reblogged this from bryskye
- nemoi likes this
- quietafternoonaffair likes this
- quietafternoonaffair reblogged this from bryskye and added:
- bryskye posted this